The realm of Web design in Alaska was a pretty tame place a few years ago. Nowadays it can be a ferocious jungle that will swallow you whole, and make it hard for future visitors to find you deep within the confines of search engine data-farms. The truth of the matter is, if you are not appearing on the first few pages in the search results, most Webventurers will never ever see a link to your company website. In an attempt to help your business not only survive but thrive in the wilderness of web design, I’ve compiled a list of eight straight forward Web design survival strategies .
With the hurried pace of advancing technology everything changes even faster than it did before. Sadly this is also true when it comes to Web design and search engine ranking. Lucky for you the following eight strategies will get you started with a solid foundation to launch from.
Web design survival tips:
1. Take the time to give your website a solid code structure. Believe it or not, spending a little more time on your websites code will save you loads of time on web design later on, but it is true. Also, if you have a solid code structure it will ensure that search engines have an easier time understanding your content in a way that will improve your rankings in the areas you are looking to improve.
Unlike Christmas stockings and Thanksgiving turkeys you should not stuff your website with keywords until it overflows. Strategic keyword placement is critical for search engine ranking, but people often over stuff. The reality of the matter is your Web pages can and will get flagged for over stuffing keywords into its content. If you can take away one thing from this article it would be to add a lot of quality keywords into your content and avoid overstuffing keywords.
3. Flashing seems to be very popular. All I can say is do not be a flasher! It can be very tempting to use flash for your website navigation. I mean, what could be cooler than creating a nifty little drop down menu in flash? Right?! Wrong. We are trying to get more traffic to your website. What is the point of a flashy menu if customers can’t find your website to see the menu? It may add to the aesthetic look of your site it will damage your search engine placement severely. This is due to the fact that search engines currently have a hard time understanding what your site is about when you use flash for navigation. Basically what a Web-spider sees while spidering is your flashy navigation links are U-Turn signs or dead ends. You have spent a lot of time on your content. Let’s make sure the search engines can index it properly.
4. Don’t forget your Alt-er ego. When you are typing up your image tags don’t forget to include juicy keyword-rich descriptions of the image you will be pointing to.
5. Accurate naming is very helpful. Each and everypage should have an informative title attribute which describes the page with its own unique keywords. This will allow for unique indexing of the unique content on your website with the search engines who spider your it. Remember it is all about proper Web designers in Anchorage, Alaska.
6. Make sure to use Specific link titles. Links are often looked at as an effective way to value your content to most search engines. Don’t forget to insert keywords with enough description to say what the link has to do with the your content or your Web design and development company in Anchorage, Alaska.
7. Remain consistent with the use of your URL. |When you are linking within your site, and when you are creating backlinks make sure that the use of your URL is consistent. Most search engines, for example, see google.com and http://www.google.com as two different sites. Which could also end up giving you issues with assumed “content duplication issues.” Trust me that is not a headache that you want to have.
8. If you build it, they will come. Well it is true. But in this case link building is what you will need to focus on. When it comes to your positioning on search engines, backlinks are critical for SEO. The more unique links you have pointing to your site the more it will improve your ranking, pure and simple. So the problem becomes getting those unique links pointing to your site. Thefact is that having unique, quality content will by itself cause people to link to your website. There are numerous other ways to increase your backlinks effectively. However to share them all with you would require many more blogs posts than this one post alone. However, a simple tip you can use. It is to include a link back to your site when you post on forums and blogs. But make sure that these sites have related to your content. Begging works to. So please, if you like this article link to it!
There you have it. Eight survival tips for the Web design jungle. As I mentioned in the beginning of this post, this is only the foundation of any search engine optimization project. Come back often for more tips, tricks, and techniques to move up in the ranks. Or you could always just search for “SEO tips.” The people who rank the highest in Alaska obviously know what they are doing. 🙂
From Your friendly Website designers and development company in Anchorage, Alaska